I once saw a beautiful quilt using the Fishnet pattern and have been wanting to make it for awhile. One great thing about the pattern was that it came with a blank pattern that you can copy and color in with your particular color scheme. I thought that was pretty cool but overall, the pattern wasn’t the best in explaining what I needed to do. I feel like it could have used a couple of more diagrams or pictures on seaming things together. Also know that you need to get the ruler as well.
Bad lighting but the range of colors I used.
Just a sample of the pics I took to see if the color layout was working or not. My phone camera puts the quilt at a distance so you can see if something catches your eye or seems out of place. Often, I only moved only one or two pieces from photo to photo.
Final version – had to use a lightening filter as the light in my house was too yellow. I typically try to take pictures outside in natural light but it’s winter and kinda muddy and gross outside.
Cat tax: my older cat, “helping”
My mom’s been asking for a quilt and I obliged with a house quilt in some spring like colors for her. It’s actually not my favorite quilt in terms of the color choices but it’s definitely right up my mom’s alley.
I went to the Wisconsin Quilt Show and told myself I wasn’t going to spend a lot of money. Within 5 minutes of being there, I saw this cityscapes panel and bought it. Oops. Luckily I got to use it right away for an unorthodox baby blanket for a coworker. I ended up stitching up most of the buildings and then the skyline itself.
Once again I made my way back to the Vinery to retake their two day stained glass intensive. I chose a pattern that reminded me of a planet and I don’t know why but it turned into a Death Star. 😛
I started this baby quilt with totally different fabric. I cut, sewed, and made almost all of the half square triangles but before I trimmed them, I lost all interest and just stopped crafting all together. Months and months later, I decided to just start all over with new fabric and I was able to whip through it in about two weeks and roughly 40 hours.
My fabric choices – went for mint green and ice yellow.
Roughly 600+ pieces of fabric.
Quilt top done!
Quilted, washed and dried.